Join Mount Vernon May 6-7, 2017 for one of the largest Revolutionary War encampments in the area! Step back in time and experience more than 300 Continentals, Redcoats, Hessians, cannon, and cavalry in action at George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
Meet more than 300 hundred Revolutionary War military re-enactors, learn more about life in the 18th-century, discuss military techniques, and watch battle re-enactments. This family-friendly event features a youth muster on the bowling green, military medicine, and artillery demos! Wander through the encampment and meet the re-enactors. Watch as the American and British re-enactors duel on the lawn in front of George Washington’s Mansion.
Walk through furnished replicas of the tents Washington used to work, sleep, and dine throughout the Revolutionary War. Listen to costumed characters from the Museum of the American Revolution explain how each Washington used each space and what it was like to live in one of these tents.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:00 a.m. Troop Inspection and Drill on the Bowling Green.
- 11:30 a.m. Battle Re-enactment on the 12-Acre Field.
- 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Meet Martha Washington in the Interpretive Center.
- 1:30 p.m. Youth Muster on the Bowling Green.
- 2:00 p.m. Military Music of the Revolution on the Bowling Green.
- 2:30 p.m. George Washington inspects the troops on the Bowling Green.
- 3:00 p.m. Battle Re-enactment on the 2-Acre Field.
For more information on Mount Vernon, visit our Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens page.
To purchase general admission tickets to Mount Vernon online, click here.
To view hotels near Mount Vernon, click here.